We are looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished, player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their craft, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of the Hypixel Team you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining rendering systems to support ongoing development of Hytale in our proprietary C++ engine. You will be continuously communicating with other engineers, production and design to meet expected results.
Who you are:
- Player-focused: You understand what players want, and can bring that understanding to the creation of technical systems that serve those needs. Your player-focus serves as a common ground for your discussions with Game Design, Artists and other disciplines.
- A Collaborator: You are passionate about empowering Artists and Designers to realize their ideas in-game with minimal engineering assistance. You want to work elbow-to-elbow with them to listen to them to understand their needs, and then build high-quality tools that empower them in their work.
- Calm under pressure: You exude calm in even the toughest of situations. When things get spicy, you work as a cooler to help the team reach a solution.
- A Force Multiplier: You understand how to design a system that can operate effectively for a whole team. You understand how to empower engineers on your team to learn, grow, and scale.
- Obsessed with Improvement: Inefficiency bothers you and you work to create well-oiled machines whenever you can.
- Adaptable: You understand and are comfortable with switching gears between optimization, break/fix, and development and understand the need for rapid re-prioritization.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Help design, build, and extend the rendering capabilities of the Hytale engine.
- Work with designers and artists to ensure our rendering capabilities meet their needs
- Work with Game Leadership to incorporate rendering system designs into roadmaps and milestone as part of overall studio planning
- Mentor and coach other engineers to help them simultaneously implement your designs, and to reach the next level in their craft expertise
- Set, Lead, and contribute to technical vision and direction, using your expertise to guide far-reaching technical decisions
- Become a subject matter expert on the Hytale game vision, and the technical implementation of that vision
- Work with a globally distributed team to implement the Hytale architecture on multiple platforms
- 5+ years of professional experience, including
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer on a professional game team
- 3+ years of professional experience with C++
- 2+ years of experience concentrating on rendering and graphics
- Experience shipping games on PC, consoles, and mobile devices.
- Strong low level CPU and GPU knowledge.
- Expertise with multi-core programming techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of various graphics APIs, graphics abstraction layers and shader languages.
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures.
- Demonstrated performance and memory optimization skills.
- Ability to debug, code and architect various core engine systems, on CPU and GPU.
- Mentorship mindset and excellent attitude to helping others level up their knowledge.
- Experience with voxels or “blocky-world” style rendering
- Experience with user generated content
- Experience with cross-platform rendering using multiple Graphics APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX 12, and Metal
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.