We're looking to find the right people to join our team to work on a suite of games including wholesome dinosaur farming sim Paleo Pines, irreverent RPG adventure Quest Quest: The Quest for Quests, metaphysical VR elevator simulator The Infinite Hotel as well as all the weird things we still have in our heads that haven’t made it out yet.
You belong with us if you’re smart as a whip, sharp as a tack, and have an enthusiasm for telling unique and wacky stories through games and animation.
You’ll be working with a talented and hilarious team with a great track record made up of industry veterans, experienced devs and great new talent. Within our team, everyone has an opportunity to make their own mark on the journey to making high-quality games and entertainment.
About the Role
Italic Pig are looking for a Senior Level Designer to work within a lovely little team of level designers, creating colourful imaginative worlds and experiences. If you have a vibrant imagination, love being a complementary element to the team, and enjoy wholesome games, then this is the job for you!
- Create immersive gameplay scenarios that support and enhance the core mechanics and creative vision of the game.
- Ensure a memorable game with close collaboration with Level Art, Narrative and other disciplines.
- Collaborate with our Game Director to define and tweak game mechanics.
- As the project progresses, integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine.
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
Skills and Required Experience
- Able to work at a senior level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Experience with Unity engine, design production tools and level editing pipelines.
- Experience of open world level design.
- Great attention to detail and a positive problem-solver.
- Empathy for the player experience.
- Enjoy collaborating and sharing ideas and information.
- Able to give feedback and mentor juniors
What Do We Offer?
- 4-day work week. (Yes, really. We work smart on Monday through Thursday so we can enjoy Fridays off.)
- Flexible working hours, with strong emphasis on work/life balance.
- Competitive industry salary.
- We invest in making our team happy with a Full Perkbox Package.
- We technically have an office in Holywood (just outside of Belfast) which boasts a cheerful break area with fruit, a classic arcade machine, a piano and a unicycle. We’d love to start using it again but times are strange.