We're looking to find the right people to join our team to work on a suite of games including wholesome dinosaur farming sim Paleo Pines, irreverent RPG adventure Quest Quest: The Quest for Quests, metaphysical VR elevator simulator The Infinite Hotel as well as all the weird things we still have in our heads that haven’t made it out yet.
You belong with us if you’re smart as a whip, sharp as a tack, and have an enthusiasm for telling unique and wacky stories through games and animation.
You’ll be working with a talented and hilarious team with a great track record made up of industry veterans, experienced devs and great new talent. Within our team, everyone has an opportunity to make their own mark on the journey to making high-quality games and entertainment.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned Animator/Rigger to work with us at our studio.
As part of the 3D Animation pipeline you will work closely with our Game Director to bring characters and assets to life, and create a solid and polished gameplay experience across a variety of projects; designing animation systems that combine to create fluid, reactive movement while also serving the style and narrative.
- Creating high quality hand-keyed character and creature animations in Blender.
- Managing and mentoring other animators.
- Creating accurate estimates and ensuring deliveries are met.
- Help troubleshoot rigging issues.
Skills & Required Experience
- Have a minimum 5-7 years industry experience in video games.
- Comprehensive understanding of Unity engine.
- A passion for animating believable CG characters and the requisite attention to detail.
- Strong self-management skills.
- Experience of providing feedback to other animators.
- Be a strong problem-solver and a good communicator across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to adapt and work within new pipelines.
- In-depth knowledge of Blender with experience of rigging and skinning.
- Ability to write technical documentation and present your work (wiki, screen cap etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of anatomy for bipeds and quadrupeds, skeletons and muscles.
- Experience of exporting animations to Unity
- Experience of implementing animations in Unity
- Knowledge of Rigify or Auto Rig Pro addons.
- Life drawing or organic modelling especially human anatomy.
- Knowledge of importing/exporting mocap data.
- Knowledge of/enthusiasm for RPG and farming/social/management sim genres.
- Knowledge of/enthusiasm for modern dinosaur depictions/palaeontology.
- Knowledge of farming/social/management sim genres.
What Do We Offer?
- 4-day work week. (Yes, really. We work smart on Monday through Thursday so we can enjoy Fridays off.)
- Flexible working hours, with strong emphasis on work/life balance.
- Competitive industry salary.
- We invest in making our team happy with a Full Perkbox Package.
- We technically have an office in Holywood (just outside of Belfast) which boasts a cheerful break area with fruit, a classic arcade machine, a piano and a unicycle. We’d love to start using it again but times are strange.